After 1.5 hours, my inbox is clear. Of the 130+ E-mails I have accumulated in the last few days due to lack of time, I replied to 76 of them… Not a bad ratio, however, if I spent the time to reply to everyone’s technical support request, it would be a full time job.
Now, a few stupid stats for you:
- In the last year (June 23, 2002 to June 23, 2003), I have received (not including spam), 9186 E-Mails. Mostly thanks for the information I provide to the internet community.
- Of those 9186 E-Mails, I read every single one of them.
- Of those 9186 E-Mails I viewed, I sent out 8557 replies. An even better ratio than what I have been able to accomplish lately.
- Being conservative and assuming 30 seconds to read and 30 seconds to reply, it would mean I have spent 147+ hours with E-Mail in the last year. It is actually closer to a minute each.
- Total E-Mails people have sent me in the last year that I actually "know" in person: 12.
- In the last 60 days, I have forwarded 976 spams to firstname.lastname@example.org that my E-Mail Filters have caught.
- I received1 E-Mail on September 9, 2001.
- I received21 E-Mails on September 9, 2002.