Due to my overly aggressive banning of certain web site tools from connecting to my web server, I mistakenly blocked access to W3’s validation service. I reference this service on my Browser Compatibility Page. Since I recommend adhering to web standards and the use of standard compliant browsers, I feel this service is much more valuable to my readers in helping them understand the reason for web standards. Once again, the link is valid and the service is no longer forbidden access. Even though no reader brought this to my [Continue Reading]
The domain has been down for 10.5 hours due to one of my ISP’s routers biting the dust.
Looks like the worms are slowing down. I have only received 30 in the last 10 hours. I found, mostly, large numbers of W32.Netsky.D@mm and (the now published information of) W32.Beagle.J@mm. The Beagle is the worm I discovered last night crawling around and posted information about in the previous news update. More information can be found here: http://firstname.lastname@example.org http://email@example.com
Even though I touched on the thought of dumping my E-Mail address in my latest Rant, I have not done so. This should not be much of a surprise since I posted My E-Mail Address Rant only a few hours ago. However, just a couple of those hours ago, I started to get, yet again, a virus that no information is posted about (that I have found). The techniques to try and get people to "open that attachment" and infect systems really makes me laugh! I touched on several in [Continue Reading]
In this news update, I wanted to touch on several things that have been bouncing around in my head the last several days. Even though I would like more than anything for the information to be short, it did not turn out that way. This news update turned into an expanded Rant topic and I pretty much ran out of time to post information about my other issues. So, a short take on only one of them is included here and the next update will include additional issues. Here we [Continue Reading]
In the last several days, I have done much to try and figure out how to increase the performance of, not only the domain, but the network in general. After plenty of testing, I have been leaning in the direction that the domain is not being slowed down by the available bandwidth, but the firewall’s filtering performance. In the next few days, I will do even more testing to ensure that is the case. If it is, I will modify the networks configuration for a much higher capacity of packet [Continue Reading]
The network modifications are mostly complete. Connectivity to the domain will still be intermittent for the next 36 hours while my new DNS information is sent around the internet. I appreciate all of my readers patience while this transition is taking place.
Traffic is starting to roll into the new IP addressing. I appreciate all of my readers patience while this transition is taking place.
My ISP has completed transferring me over to a different network connection. As a result, connectivity to the domain will be sporadic, at best, for the next 24 – 72 hours while the DNS server information is sent throughout the internet.
My ISP is in the progress of transferring me over to a different network connection. As a result, connectivity to the domain will be sporadic, at best, for the next 72 hours. However, during this transition, I will also take the opportunity to reconfigure my internal network. I am not exactly sure what I am going to do with it, but I have several plans of attack. I will have to wait and see what works best after I get a few more details from my ISP. Maybe even an [Continue Reading]