Intermittent network connectivity will occur throughout the weekend. I am fine tuning my configuration and working on improving access bandwidth as well as increasing control. Thank you for understanding while I take this opportunity to geek out on a new setup.
I have updated the look of all but one of my guides. After working on the domain for the last 10 hours straight, my wrist hurts and I am tired. Hopefully, I will get the last one done tomorrow and start working on updating the services PDF documents. I appreciate your patience while I “once again” put myself through a major change.
The good news? Now that I have a format that I like, I will be finally posting additional guides. Stay tuned!
I posted an update to all services configuration and information pages. This update puts them inline with currently released Service Packs.
- Windows 2000 Services Configuration
- Windows 2000 Services Information
- Windows XP Services Configuration
- Windows XP Services Information
This update does not include a reposting of the applicable PDF document. I will update that as soon as I can.
Plenty of updates have been happening in the background. Don’t think that I forgot about the site!
I have been working on updating all of my guides to be a little bit more user friendly and consistent. Hopefully, this will make the articles easier to understand and more valuable to my readers.
- If you are using Netscape 4.x, you may scroll down to the bottom of the page and select site map. It has links to all pages available.
- If you are curious about "what it looks like" in other browsers, here are some screen shots:
- Netscape 4.79, default (111KB .jpg)
- Internet Explorer 6, Black (144KB .jpg)
- Internet Explorer 6, White (142KB .jpg)
- Internet Explorer 6, Color (155KB .jpg)
- Mozilla 1.3, Black (125KB .jpg) – Note: This is the browser that I use. Get it at Mozilla.org
Check out more information about.
After attempting to view the site in Netscape 4.79, I discovered a problem with my current CSS. The issue has been fixed and all text should now be viewable. Ensure that you "reload" or "refresh" the domain page to get the latest version.
If you discover any other issues, please contact me.
New additions to the family have arrived. Check the photos out.
Upon request, I reformatted the Windows XP Services Information to be more "screen reader" friendly. I also made slight adjustments to the "safe" service configuration settings. The changes include recommending that the Computer Browser Service and Server Service be placed into disabled. However, if you require file and print sharing, the Server Service is required to run on the system that is sharing resources and one system on the network should have the Computer Browser Service on automatic.
Public access to my Newsgroups are now available. If you are not aware of Newsgroups for discussing various topics, please check out the How to Access Newsgroups Guide and information on why I use Newsgroups.
If you have any problems accessing the newsgroups, please contact me and let me know.